Last November I filmed Soy Wax Inspirations, an instructional DVD with Andrew Galli of Studio Galli Productions The DVD introduces the viewer to all facets of using soy wax as a resist method on fabric. Topics include:
- Introduction- How to Get Started
- Supplies and Equipment- What You Need for Success
- Fabric Choices – What fabrics Work Best
- Layering Wax and Dye – plus Value Gradations
- Using Thickened Dyes – with Screen Printing
- Pattern Resist – Pole Wrapping and Clamp Resist
- Stitch Resist – a Surprising Technique!
- Sunprinting with a Wax Resist
- Discharging with a Wax Resist
- Removing Wax and Finishing Fabric
You will find Soy Wax Inspirations both informative and fun, an essential reference for both the beginner and experienced surface designer.
Soy Wax Inspirations is now ready for pre-order, shipping will be in early April.
Join my Yahoo Group, dedicated to Soy Wax Resists HERE
See a video trailer of the DVD HERE
Wholesale purchasing for Soy Wax Inspirations can be arranged through Studio Galli Productions